Engineering and Technical Services
Pre Purchase Inspection, Manuals
The rite of the “Pre-Purchase” or “Pre-Buy” inspection has become customary when buying any plane (it wasn’t always so). If all goes well, and there are no surprises for buyer or seller, it is customary to accept delivery and pay for the aircraft at this time.
But it is a rare pre-purchase inspection that does not reveal some discrepancies, and the wise buyer (and seller) expects some. Here’s a few of the questions we see over and over regarding this procedure, along with the answers:
“Where should I get the pre-buy done?”
First: While it may seem obvious, it happens often enough that we need to state it: Never, Never have the pre-buy done by the shop that maintained it! If the sale includes a “Fresh Annual/ Fresh C Check”, a good examination by a totally different shop is even more important.
Second: Get the aircraft away from its home base. Even if you just fly to the very next airport, you’ll always get a more objective result if the inspection is performed by someone who doesn’t know either the aircraft or the owner.
But how to manage that if you don’t know where the next qualified maintenance facility is or if the next qualified maintenance facility is too fare away?
Aircraft Inspection isn’t Aircraft Inspections in general.
Inspections can be classified in these sections:
– Important Things to Consider in an Inspection
– Pre-Purchase Inspection
– Off-Lease Inspection
– Preliminary Pre-Purchase Inspection
– Collateral Inspection
– Appraisal Inspection
– Note about Inspections
– An Aircraft Audit
– Common Reasons for Performing an Aircraft Audit
– Collateral Audit
– Technical Audit
– Operational Audit
– General Business Audit
– Aircraft records
– Aircraft inspection status
– Service Bulletin compliance
– Component tracing
– Regulatory compliance
– Operational status of the aircraft’s systems
– Structural integrity
– Damage history
When a comprehensive aircraft inspection is not practical or warranted, an audit can often suffice.
An Aircraft Audit:
– Consists primarily of a physical inspection of the aircraft and all associated logbooks and records
– Is generally driven by collateral, technical, operational or business issues
Common Reasons for Performing and Aircraft Audit
– Asset or collateral verification
– Portfolio evaluation or assessment
– Aircraft or equipment appraisal
– Regulatory compliance
– Preliminary pre-purchase inspection
– A cursory inspection which is typically employed to verify the general condition of the aircraft or equipment
– Often utilized as the basis for conducting an appraisal of an aircraft or equipment
– A thorough inspection of the aircraft and associated records
– Generally employed for verifying compliance with business, regulatory, maintenance and /or operating covenants
– A very thorough audit with an emphasis on safety issues
– Generally employed for verifying a specified safety compliance, the overall veracity of general operating procedures, and/or to determine the general integrity of the collateral
General Business Audit
– A very comprehensive audit involving a complete review of a company’s management, operational, and financial activities
– Generally encompasses the work scope associated with the other audits
We have done already various technical services for different major companies as well as small ones around the world. This below list is giving you some references of aircraft we have done inspections or even general asset management on:
Just contact us for more details about our services.
We are happy to assist you!
We do manuals
– Quality Manual (General, STD, OPS 1 & 3, FTO / TRTO)
– Procedures Manual
– Maintenance Organization Exposition Manual
– Flight Operations Manuals (OPS 1 & 3)
Part A, B, C, D
– Ground Operations
In addition to the above, we have the ability to tailor any existing manual according to your internal procedures and regulations requirements or scope of work. Our experienced technical writers’ team in cooperation with our maintenance and flight operations experts are always at your disposal
We continuously keeping track of all regulations amendments, and can instantly inform you with analytical and detailed description of the changes. Notification of changes can help you to stay up to date with current changes, or can be used as a guide to show you which of your procedures could be possibly affected by these changes.
Registered clients will automatically receive our CFPP NOTAM having all updated / amended procedures, ready to be submitted for approval by their National Authority and inserted into the appropriate manuals already included.
Beside doing manuals do we also prepare and execute Audits as per request either in conjunction within the made manuals or separately to made manuals as individual order.
We can do such Audits as first party:
Internal Organizational Evaluation
Pre Approval Evaluation
As Second Party can we deliver the following service for Audits:
Supplier / Subcontractor / Manufacturer Pre contract audits
JAR – OPS (1 & 3)
JAR – STD
JAR – FCL, FTO / TRTO
Providing detailed confidential reports for your decision making
– Development and Production of Aircraft Manuals and Check Lists toward EASA or FAA, for GA, Ultra light/LSA , Experimental, Military, Executive and Commercial Aircraft.
– Development and Production of Aircraft Check Lists
– Digitalization of Aircraft Check Lists